Volkswagen Vento: Top 5 highlights
While the Volkswagen Vento has remained largely unchanged for over a decade, it is still one of the best sedans in its segment. And here are the top 5 highlights of the existing Vento.
The biggest highlight of the existing VW Vento is its 1.0 TSI turbocharged 3-cylinder petrol engine
The Volkswagen Vento is one of the most popular compact sedans in India. The sedan has been in India for over a decade, and it’s not wrong to say that the Vento has remained largely unchanged except for a couple of minor facelifts. Even so, it is still one of the best options if drivability and performance are your main criteria over some modern convenience. And here are some of the most important highlights of the Volkswagen Vento.
1. The greatest highlight of the existing Volkswagen Vento is its engine. The current version of the Vento is powered by a 1.0 TSI turbo three-cylinder petrol engine, which is tuned to 108 hp and 175 Nm maximum torque. And it’s one of the best 1.0 liter engines out there right now.
Also read: Volkswagen Vento 1.0 TSI review
2. The Vento also comes with a 6-speed manual transmission that is smooth and precise. But if you’re looking for an automatic, the car gets the company’s new 6-speed automatic torque converter unit. Although it is not a DSG, it is still a very attractive transmission.
Also read: Volkswagen Vento Automatic Review
3. Visually, the Vento comes with a GTI-inspired honeycomb grille and a matching mesh pattern for the wide front apron. The equipment list also includes LED headlights with LED daytime running lights, and below that you have a pair of slimline fog lights. The car also features the same 16-inch Portago 10-spoke gray alloy wheels, a pair of smoked taillights, and a beefy bumper with black underbody trim.
Read also: Volkswagen Polo and Vento Turbo Edition launched in India; Prices start at ₹ 6.99 lakh
4. While the design of the cabin hasn’t changed over the years, you get all of the basic features like – flattened steering wheel, touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, climate control, rear air conditioning, and more.
5. In terms of safety, the Vento is equipped as standard with double airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, seat belt rest and high-speed alarm. The higher-quality highline version has 4 airbags with rain sensor wipers, an automatically dimming interior rearview mirror and rear parking sensors with a reversing camera.
Follow carandbike.com for the latest car news and reviews Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel.