Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq – Similarities & Differences Tue
As part of its India 2.0 project, Skoda Auto will bring several products to Volkswagen India and expand its sales and service network. The first two models planned under the new strategy are the Skoda Kushaq and Volkswagen Taigun. While the former recently went on sale at a starting price of Rs 10.49 lakh, the latter is due in August 2021. Here are the main differences and similarities between both siblings.
Volkswagen Taigun vs. Skoda Kushaq – Outside
– The series models of the two SUVs remain true to their respective concepts. You can easily distinguish the two models if you look at the front section.
– While the Kushaq has Skoda’s signature butterfly grille with slim LED headlights, the Taigun has a louvred grille, square LED headlights and a more upright bonnet. Volkswagen has given the front apron a generous chrome treatment.
– The side profile of both SUVs is exactly the same, including diamond-cut, two-tone 17-inch alloy wheels, shoulder creases and door lines. However, the Kushaq gets a unique rim design.
– While the new Volkswagen SUV has networked LED taillights, the Kushaq has L-shaped LED taillights with crystalline elements.
– Both medium-sized SUVs underpin the VW Group’s highly localized MQB-A0-IN platform and are 4221 mm long, 1760 mm wide and 1612 mm high.
– Compared to their arch rivals (Creta and Seltos), Taigun and Kushaq sit on a longer wheelbase (2651 mm).
Volkswagen Taigun vs. Skoda Kushaq – Inner
– The upcoming taigun has a simple interior layout with well-positioned control buttons, a digital driver display and a new steering wheel with a flattened bottom. It comes with the gray dashboard and an integrated touchscreen infotainment system with the latest in smartphone connectivity.
– The Kushaq, on the other hand, offers a floating 10.1-inch infotainment system and a new two-spoke steering wheel. Its shiny black material gives it a sporty feel and attractiveness.
– Common features of the SUVs are a single-pane sunroof, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, rear air conditioning nozzles, touch-based air conditioning, cruise control, an audio system with 6 speakers with subwoofer, up to 6 airbags, electronic stability control, parking sensors with a camera and a tire pressure monitoring system .
– The Taigun gets a digital instrument cluster that is missing from the Kushaq. Skoda’s new SUV has reflector points on the doors and door cushions with integrated cords for holding objects.
Volkswagen Taigun vs. Skoda Kushaq – engine
– Both SUVs are equipped with the 1.0-liter turbo petrol and 1.5-liter turbo petrol engines from the VW Group, which deliver 115 hp at 175 Nm and 150 hp at 250 Nm, respectively.
– All variants of the SUVs have a 6-speed manual transmission as standard. While the engine with a smaller displacement is only available with a 6-speed automatic transmission, a 7-speed DSG automatic transmission is reserved for the 1.5-liter petrol engine.
Volkswagen Taigun vs. Skoda Kushaq – Prices
– The prices of the VW Taigun are still to be announced. According to the dealers, the new Volkswagen SUV will cost from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 17 lakh (ex-showroom).
– The Skoda Kushaq was priced between Rs 10.49 lakh (for the entry-level Active 1.0L manual) – Rs 17.59 lakh (for the top-end style 1.5L automatic variant).
– That means the prices of both SUVs will be more or less similar.