How to check the status of the LIC policy online and offline?
LIC registration process for a new online user
To check the status of your LIC status online, you must first create an account on the website. Follow the steps below for the same:
- Visit the LIC e-service portal and click on the “New user” option
- Now fill out the registration form duly and create a username and password
- For validation, an automated e-mail will be sent to the identifier of your e-mail.
- You will be given the option to enter details of your current policies once you have completed your registration.
- Download the form, sign it and send it to the nearest LIC branch where one of your policies is operated after filling in the details of all your policies.
- You will receive an acknowledgment from the branch, either in the form of an email or a printed receipt.
- Your policies will be checked and verified by the branch. You will be able to monitor the status of policies electronically once the registration process is complete.
A Guide to Checking LIC Policy Status Online
It is essential to regularly assess the condition of your LIC policy. It will allow you to ensure that you have paid for your insurance by the deadline or that your plan is still active. Follow the steps below to confirm the status of your LIC policy online:
- Visit https://licindia.in/Home-(1)/LICOnlineServicePortal and click on “Registered user”
- Now enter your login details, that is to say your username and password.
- Now click on the ‘Policy Status’ option and you will see a table of all the LIC policies you have signed up for.
- To find out the status of a particular font in the list, click on the font number. You’ll also see other policy details like next premium due date, sum insured, policy term, policy name, etc.
How to Track LIC Policy Status for a New User
On the home page, there is an option to register for e-services. If you are a new customer, you will need to complete the online registration form and create a username and password. A confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address after effective registration. Click the link in the confirmation email to be taken to a page where you can link your policy to your account. Enter your policy details, such as policy number, premium amount, date of birth, etc. in this tab, then click “Submit”.
Steps to check the status of the LIC policy for a registered user
By logging into the LIC India website with the username and password, users can access details on bonus payments, group plans, and more. If you are a registered customer, follow the steps below to check the status of your LIC policy:
- Visit LIC India website and under “Online Services” section click on “Customer Portal”
- This will take you to the login page, where you need to click on “Registered user”
- Now enter your username, date of birth and password and click on ‘Go’
- Now select the option Show registered policies in the list of options.
- You will now be taken to a page that describes all of the policies you have signed up for.
- By clicking on the policy number, you can now follow the status of your policy.
Procedure to check LIC status offline
Customers can check their policy details without logging into the LIC website using SMS and voice call service. So even if you are not registered with the portal, you can still monitor the status of your policies using LIC’s call and SMS services. This implies that you don’t lose any essential updates if you don’t have internet access.
By text message
Type ASKLIC followed by the policy number and send it to 56767877 or 9222492224 from your registered cell phone number to get your policy status via SMS. Refer below for SMS codes:
To get an update for the premium installment: ASKLIC PREMIUM
To get an update on the bonus amount: ASKLIC BONUS
To obtain an update of the reminder amount: ASKLIC REVIVAL
To get an update on the loan amount available: ASKLIC LOAN
To request appointment details status: ASKLIC NOM
SMS codes to check the status of the LIC retirement policy
To check the status of the LIC pension policy, type the SMS code below and send it to 56767877 from your registered cell phone number:
To check the status of the IPP policy: ASKLIC STAT
To check the certificate of existence due: ASKLIC ECDUE
To check the withdrawal date of the last pension: ASKLIC ANNPD
To check the amount of the pension: ASKLIC AMTANT
To obtain check return information: ASKLIC CHQRET
By calling customer service
Customers can also get instant updates on their insurance policies through LIC’s IVRS service, which is available 24/7. You can use the service to find all the police related information just by entering their policy number. You can contact the LIC helplines listed below for voice support service:
For MTNL and BSNL users: 12151
For other landline and mobile users: Dial the city code followed by 12151
Customer service number by zone
Users can also contact zonal or regional offices with any policy concerns. The central zone, the east zone, the central-east zone, the north zone, the central-north zone, the south zone, the central-south zone and the west zone are the eight regions into which these regional offices are classified. Below are the customer service numbers of all LIC customer support centers that fall under the above areas.
|Kottayam||0481-2580121 / 0481-2580102|
|Bombay-1||022-22028225 / 022-66599066|
|Bombay-2||022-24010375 / 022-30492020|
|Thane||022-25829702 / 022-25827728|