Big Christmas car quiz 2021: page 2
Below you can find the second part of the Big Christmas Car Quiz. Much luck…
The question is the answer
One of the statements is correct – can you guess which one?
41. Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning…
- A. founded the car company Tesla
- B. were the first Germans to cross the Antarctic with a beetle
- C. invented the turbocharger in 1973
42. The asshole …
- A. is the code name that Jaguar engineers gave to the radiator grille of the Jaguar S-Type
- B. was the original name used by motorcycle racers for a curve on the Snetterton circuit. Officials then changed the name to its current title – the bomb hole
- C. is a slang term used in car development for a very common part – that is, every car has one
43. Titanium …
- A. was originally proposed for the new MINI’s turn signal levers before cost savings forced BMW to switch to plastic
- B. should be the name for Ford’s electric SUV before the bosses decided on Mustang Mach-E
- C. was the material used to make the official tool kit that came with the McLaren F1 road car
44. IAMAUTO …
- A. was the temporary name Damon Hill adopted as part of an Audi marketing gag in 1995
- B. was the name of the car company that led by singer will.i.am. Founded
- C. was the development code name for the Volkswagen ID.3
45. Gentleman function …
- A. was a function integrated in the BMW 7 Series iDrive system that enabled the driver to move the front passenger seat
- B. was the name of a short-lived Daihatsu pickup truck
- C. is a function of the Bentley Bentayga that cools the seat surface of the driver’s seat in a certain area
46. Duroplast …
- A. was a plaster / Kevlar composite developed for the Ferrari F40
- B. was a solid rubber alternative developed by Michelin in the 1940s
- C. was the material used to make Trabant body panels
47. A shark …
- A. Motiv has been hidden in the interiors of Vauxhalls since 2004
- B. served as a ballast in final tests for the Ford F-150
- C. was the original logo patented by Tesla, which was later incorporated into the letter T. was changed
48.Fonty flock …
- A. is the patented name for the structured material of the dashboard of the BMW i3
- B. was an American NASCAR driver who won 19 races
- C. is the derogatory term auto engineers use to refer to the design teams that create car badges and nameplates
49. Mysterious Utility Wizard …
- A. was Subaru’s official name for its first on-board computer, which appeared on the 1992 Legacy
- B. was the development name for the Renault Espace when it was translated into English
- C. was the domestic Japanese market name for the Isuzu Rodeo
50. Lighting and signaling …
- A. Failures are the most common cause of MoT failure in the UK
- B. Mistakes are the most common reason for failing a driving test in the UK
- C. were both optional extras on the original 1959 Mini
Can you infer the car brand and model names from these cryptic descriptions?
- 51. Relief efforts
- 52. In a colored fantasy
- 53. I speak great
- 54. Baby eaten gently
- 55. Urinal roller cyclones
- 56. Ironic buddy
- 57. A dock salsa
- 58. Polka gloves won
- 59. I do Van Chic
- 60. Toilets are fooling me
Get your auto parts smarts …
61. In which old car part do you find a float chamber and needle?
- A. Carburetor
- B. Speedometer
- C. Catalyst
62. Radial and cross layers are types of what?
- A. Steering wheel
- B. Seat covers
- C. Tire Construction
63. In which part of a car do you find a countershaft?
- A. Transmission
- B. Seat runners
- C. Ignition coil
64. Cd is a measure of the value of a car?
- A. Catalyst efficiency
- B. Comfort levels
- C. Drag coefficient
65. Americans call them rocker panels. How are you better known here?
- A. Camshafts
- B. Window sill
- C. Shock absorbers
66. MacPherson and DeDion are types of what?
- A. All wheel drive systems
- B. Gear shift
- C. Suspension Systems
67. How many cylinders did the original Smart City Coupé have?
68. What do the Mazda MX-30, BMW i3 and Rolls-Royce Phantom have in common?
- A. They were all designed by Frank Stephenson
- B. They all have rear opening doors
- C. They are all winners of the Indonesian Car of the Year
69. What do you call windshield wiper systems that can be pivoted from the sides of a car?
- A. Clap hands wiper
- B. Waver wipers
- C. Opponent
70. Why did Volkswagen’s first electric car, the Golf Citystromer, have a battery capacity?
- A. 0.5kWh
- B. 11.4kWh
- C. 3.6kWh
Can you name the fourth element to complete the chain?
71. Esses-Tertre-Rouge-Mulsanne-? (Hint: where the full day racers go)
- A. Indianapolis
- B. Stowe
- C. St. Devote
72. Mulally 2006-Fields 2014-Hackett 2017-? (Note: Blue Oval bosses are happy)
- A. Congregation 2019
- B. Wright 2019
- C. Farley 2020
73. Frankley-Strensham-Gloucester-? (Hint: take five and rest)
- A. Michaelwood
- B. St. Ives
- C. Keele
74. Inlet compression combustion -? (Note: it’s not a (4) thing to be petted)
- A. Recording
- B. Exhaust
- C. Dissolve
75. Sunbeam Alpine-Bentley 3½ liter Aston Martin DB5–? (Note: Bonds fabulous first four)
- A. Lotus Esprit
- B. BMW Z3
- C. Toyota 2000GT
76th Cortina-Escort-Fiesta–? (Note: 1980 bestseller)
- A. Penthouse
- B. Mini
- C. Chevette
77. Bahrain-Emiglia-Romagna-Portugal–? (Note: The formula for world travel 2021)
- A. Spain
- B. Singapore
- C. Belgium
78. Carrera-Carrera 4-Carrera S – ?. (Note: Stuttgart Coupé increases in price)
- A. Turbo
- B. Carrera 4S
- C. Targa
79. ID.3-ID.4-Enyaq iV–? (Note: Sparky Volkswagen Group MEB arrivals in the correct order)
- A. Q4 e-tron
- B. e-Golf
- C. ID.5
80th Ford F-Series – Chevrolet Silverado – Ram Pickup -? (Note: States favorites 2020)
Can you identify the production cars in these cultural puzzles?
81. What car was in the title of Wilson Pickett’s 1966 hit?
- A. Mustang
- B. Jaguar E-Type
- C. Corvette
82. What is Larry David doing on series 11 of the comedy show Curb Your Enthusiasm?
83. Which car do the two main characters in the 1991 film Thelma and Louise drive?
- A. Ford Bronco
- B. Ford GT40
- C. Ford Thunderbird
84. What type of car was used and frequently destroyed by the Duke brothers on the TV show The Dukes of Hazzard?
- A. AMC pacemaker
- B. Dodge Charger
- C. Lincoln Continental
85. Which cars does DI Kate Fleming drive in the sixth series of the TV drama Line of Duty?
86. For which automobile brand did the artists Roy Lichtenstein, Andy Warhol and David Hockney create “art cars”?
- A. BMW
- B. Renault
- C. Lamborghini
87. What car did TV detective Gene Hunt drive on Life on Mars?
88. In 2006, what brand did Lamborghini partner with to develop a limited number of Murcielago LP640 models?
- A. Versace
- B. Lego
- C. apple
89. What kind of vehicle is Mater in the Pixar film series Cars?
- A. NASCAR racing cars
- B. Towing vehicle
- C. Hearse
90. Which cars were used as tour vehicles in Jurassic Park?
Find the detail
Can you identify these new cars from their photos?
Archive of the Christmas car quiz
If you take the Christmas quiz 2021 and it doesn’t satisfy your appetite for auto quizzes, there are always the Auto Express Christmas quizzes from previous years to look at again (all questions and answers correct at the time of writing).