All you need to know
The Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace has received a full update for the 2022 model year and it looks quite refreshed and new, thanks to all the styling updates on the exterior and the introduction of new elements to it. the interior, especially in the technical department.
The Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace receives a full update.
It’s been about a year since the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace went on sale in the Indian market and the German automaker already has a new one in global markets. The Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace has received a full update for the 2022 model year and it looks quite refreshed and new, thanks to all the styling updates on the exterior and the introduction of new elements to it. the interior, especially in the technical department. Here’s everything you need to know about the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace’s new facelift.
- For starters, the 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace looks sharper and more aggressive than the outgoing model and has some sporty appeal. For starters, the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace 2022 receives a new front bumper with sharper details and bolder side curtains and the sporty brand’s new illuminated line of radiator grille flanking the VW badge. The rear has also received subtle updates like new Tiguan lettering under the VW logo, which we have seen in all new Volkswagen and Skoda models.
- Globally, the two top versions of the Tiguan 2022 receive R-Line design cues that include unique side sills and bumpers. In addition, LED headlights and daytime running lights (DRL) are part of the standard equipment.
- Then there are new wheel options for each variant ranging from 17 inches to 20 inches. Overall, Volkswagen is offering the new Tiguan Allspace in eight color options, including Oryx White and Kings Red Metallic, which are new additions.
- The overall cabin layout and finish is roughly the same, with the exception of a slightly modified center console.
- That said, there are quite a few new tech and features here and that’s always a good thing. For example, it gets Volkswagen’s new 8.0-inch digital dashboard as standard as well as the optional 10-inch Digital Cockpit Pro.
- Standard items also include VW’s MIB3 infotainment software and premium trims also benefit from wireless charging and wireless App-Connect for compatible devices.
- While heated front seats are standard, customers also have the option of upgrading to heated steering wheel and ventilated front seats. With the exception of the base trim, Climatronic Touch climate controls and power tailgate are standard on all other trim levels.
- R-Line models feature a leather-wrapped steering wheel, while IQ.Drive safety features are standard on all versions except the base version. It offers, among other things, forward collision warning and emergency braking with pedestrian detection, blind spot monitoring, rear traffic alert, adaptive cruise control and lane keeping assistance. You get rear traffic alert and forward collision warning among other things in the base trim.
- Mechanically, the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace remains unchanged. It is still powered by the 2.0-liter four-cylinder TSI engine which produces 181 hp and 300 Nm of peak torque. The powertrain is mated to an eight-speed DSG transmission and 4motion all-wheel drive (AWD) is optional worldwide.
- The updated Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace is likely to go on sale in India next year and is expected to be offered in only one range variant, equipped with the 4Motion (AWD) system.
For the latest automotive news and reviews, follow carandbike.com on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel.